As a Cowboys and Huskers fan I have mixed feelings. I'm glad to see Husker players make it to the next level but to rivals not so much.
Prince Amukamara in his 4 year college career recorded 155 tackles (95 solo and 60 assisted), 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and 5 interceptions. Prince was a unanimous selection to the First-Team Big 12 in 2010.
Roy Helu Jr. in 4 years of college collected 3,404 rushing yards and 27 rushing touchdowns. On October 30th the University of Nebraska Huskers played the University of Missouri Tigers when Roy beat out the former school record held by Colvin Jones (294 rushing yards) for rushing yards in a game with a 307 rushing yards game.
Alex Henery also played all 4 years in college. He made 68 field goals out of 76 attempts and he made 193 extra points out of 194 attempts. He was 92% accurate on field goals with the Huskers. Alex holds the Nebraska school record for scoring (397 points), most consecutive made field goals (18), most made field goals in a season (24 in 2009), most made field goals in his collegiate career (68), and he holds the record for longest field goal at Memorial Stadium (and school record) 57 yards vs Colorado.
DeJon Gomes collegiate carrer was only 2 seasons. Gomes had 145 tackles (76 solo and 69 assisted tackles), 1 sack, forced 5 fumbles, 7 interceptions, and 1 touchdown.
Niles Paul played all 4 years, in his freshman season he only had 1 reception though. In his career he had 103 receptions for 1,532 yards and 5 touchdowns. He had 9 carries for 56 yards and 1 touchdown.
*Keith Williams (OL) was drafted in the 6th round by Pittsburgh Steelers
*Eric Hagg (DB) drafted in the 7th round by the Cleveland Browns
Some facts from the Huskers twitter feed (@Huskers):
- Prince Amukamara is the 334th Husker to be drafted 1st round in the NFL Draft
- This is the 42nd consecutive year that the Huskers have had 2 or more players picked in the same draft
- 1st time that the Huskers have had back-to-back years of 1st round picks since 1997 & 1998
- Most Huskers (7) drafted in the NFL Draft since 7 was drafted in 2001
- Last time at least 2 players were drafted by the same team in the same draft was in 2003 and the last time at least 3 players were drafted was in 1995
- Prince Amukamara- http://www.christianpost.com/
- Roy Helu Jr.- http://www.jodatoa.blogspot.com
- Alex Henery- http://www.huskers.com/
- DeJon Gomes- http://www.huskers.com
- Niles Paul- http://www.bettor.com/
- Huskers twitter feed: http://twitter.com/Huskers
- Helu Jr. runs past Mizzou for school record; Mizzou vs. Nebraska- Biased Sports: http://bit.ly/kJlFBQ
- Player stats: http://www.espn.com/ and http://huskers.com/