Ray Lewis, Ravens, hurt his right foot after a tackling Michael Turner, his return was questionable and he did return the next Falcon drive. Then the next Falcon drive Matt Ryan threw to Jason Snelling for a 28 yard passing touchdown, Snelling was wide open (7-0 Falcons). Michael Koenen, Flacons' punter, punted the ball 38 yards to the Ravens' 35 yard line, Lardarius Webb returned it 7 yards to the Ravens' 42 yard line where he fumbled and it was recovered by the Falcons' Coy Wire at the 43 yard line. Falcons' only get a field goal off the turnover, a 28 yard field goal by Matt Bryant (10-0 Falcons). Falcons' go into half time with the lead, (10-0 Falcons).
Joe Flacco, Ravens, was sacked for -8 yards on the first offensive play of the 2nd half. 2 plays later Joe Flacco was intercepted by Grimes, the pass was attended for T.J. Houshmandzadeh, he returned it for no gain. Again, the Falcons only got a field goal out of the turnover, a 51 yard field goal by Matt Bryant (13-0 Falcons). Next drive, Ravens drive, Joe Flacco threw a 5 yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin to put the Ravens on the board (13-7 Falcons). Wasn't another score until the 4th quarter. Matt Ryan, Falcons, threw a 4 yard pass to Roddy White for a Falcon touchdown (20-7 Falcons). Flacco and the Ravens answer back on the next drive with a 6 yard touchdown pass to Derek Mason (20-14 Falcons). Roddy White dropped a 3rd & 4 pass for a 1st down so Falcons had to punt the ball back to the Ravens, leading by 6 with 03:06 left in the game. In 1 minute and 47 seconds the Ravens scored, Joe Flacco 9 yards to Todd Heap to give the Ravens their first lead (and only) of the game (21-20 Ravens). Then the Falcons get the ball with 01:05 left in the game. Matt Ryan threw to Michael Jenkins for a first down, who caught it with his fingertips and the booth reviewed it and it was confirmed. On 3rd & 10 Matt Ryan threw incomplete to Tony Gonzalez but Tavares Gooden was called for a pass interference penalty which was a spot foul and gave the Falcons a 1st down to continue their drive. Next play was a 33 yard touchdown pass to Roddy White from Matt Ryan, game winning touchdown (26-21 Falcons). The Falcons tried for 2 points to ensure the game going into OT just in case if the Ravens could score in 20 seconds, try failed. The ball was back in Joe Flacco's hands with 16 seconds left at the Ravens 9 yard line. Joe Flacco threw to Todd Heap for 18 yards. Then Joe Flacco was sacked for -3 yards and the Ravens call a time out with 2 seconds left in the game. 12 men on the field penalty against the Ravens back them up another 5 yards now they are on the Ravens 24 yard line. Now the last play of the game was a 7 yard pass to T.J. Houshmandzadeh and he fumbled it, went out of bounds. Game over.
- Matt Ryan 20-of-28 passes complete for 160 yards and 1 touchdowns
- 12 Falcons 1st downs and 4 Ravens 1st downs
- Time of possession, 8:46 for the Ravens and 21:14 for the Falcons
- The Falcons had 150 yards passing and the Ravens had 31 yards passing
- Falcons are 7-2 and the Ravens are 6-3
- Falcons are on top of the NFC South
- Matt Ryan had a possible career best game. Ryan had 32 completions, threw 50 times, for 316 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no interceptions
- First downs evened out at the end of the game Falcons had 23 first downs and the Ravens had 20
- Falcons had 362 yards and Ravens had 320 yards total for the game
- Time of possession, 24:51 for the Ravens and 35:09 for the Falcons
- Roddy White had 12 catches for 138 yards and 2 touchdowns
Boxscore- NFL.com: http://bit.ly/9YS3AB
Ravens' Mason to have 'broken' pinkie finger re-examined- NFL.com: http://bit.ly/czIXXf